Thank goodness, I finally got "hip" and learned to go surfing on an internet. But that wasn't enough for this modern lady. I really wanted to be "in with the In Crowd." I wanted my own Blog!
While phoning my daughter every six minutes with another question about how to set up a blog, I thought, "Who will even read this?" The answer, of course, was, "Probably nobody." I was unfazed. I talk out loud to myself all the time, so nothing new there.
However, the Big Question was, "What will I write about?" That was a tougher one to answer.
And a bit more painful (glrgh, a contraction!)
You see, I long to be like my favorite inspirational writer, Ann Voskamp. Alas, I am not. I wish I had a talent for capturing the loveliness of everyday life with a camera. I confess I do not. I wish I could write all poetic like. I cannot. I wish I were in the same place as Ann in my walk with Christ. Nope, not even close!
I sadly set aside these wistful hopes of writing a gorgeous, inspirational blog like Ann's A Holy Experience and resolved instead to be my regular old self. Just the way God made me. Unsure of how to do that exactly, I reviewed the kinds of things that usually come up in conversation when I'm talking my poor sister's ear off. Hmm, pretty much all my dirty laundry. I could get a lot of blog mileage out of that! And, who knows? If God lends me a hand, maybe something inspirational will pop up. So if you drop by to visit me at The Crooked Clothesline once in a while, these are the kinds of things you might find:
- THE SPIN CYCLE: My misadventures a la Lucy Ricardo. They make me laugh. Maybe they'll make you laugh, too.
- THE RINSE CYCLE: My clumsy walk with Christ. I can't tell you how many times in my decades as a Christian I've stumbled or tripped, skinned a knee or sprained an ankle. But He washes up my scrapes and I keep hobbling on! (And sometimes it's funny.)
- THE BRIGHTS: Celebrating the fabulous people I know! There's a whole bunch of them!
- THE DARKS: Sulking rants on my teaching skills...or rather, lack thereof.
- THE DELICATES: Things I'm really sensitive about...like my crummy hair. Oh, trust me, it'll come up.
- THE UNMENTIONABLES: Mm, no. Nevermind. Probably won't talk about any truly embarrassing stuff.
- THE MISMATCHED SOCKS: Miscellaneous items. :)
I think you can see that it's going to be pretty fabulous -- just as soon as I call my daughter and ask her how to upload photos! So I hope you'll stop by once in a while and see if there's anything to your liking. Until then, I'll be here hanging out my laundry!